Building Design Estimator
D & E · South Haven, Minnesota
Join our growing team here at Legacy Building Solutions, a successful, well-established, and growing company near St. Cloud, Minnesota, that has experience manufacturing, designing, selling, and installing fabric buildings on rigid steel frames across the globe.
Legacy Building Solutions is seeking a full-time Building Design Estimator to work alongside other construction professionals in a fast-paced and exciting work environment. The estimator processes and confirms quote requests promptly. We are looking for a candidate with experience working with metal building software.
If you are passionate about providing a solution to customers and looking for a new career opportunity, consider a position with Legacy Building Solutions as our next Building Design Estimator.
- Possess working knowledge of Metal Building Software (MBS) or similar design metal building program
- Ability to communicate MBS knowledge with co-workers
- Able to identify project risks and/or special requirements
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers promptly
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence, and other project-specific information
- Designs steel framed fabric structures in accordance with verbal explanations, sketches, customer drawings, specifications, written descriptions/explanations, and standard engineering practices
- Analyze structures to prepare project cost estimates
- Reviews drawings for completeness and accuracy
- AutoCAD experience is preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 + years of experience with Metal Building Software-MBS preferred
- Minimum 2-year post-secondary education in drafting, construction management, or related fields; experience may be substituted for schooling
- Knowledge of fabrication and installation of structures to have a good understanding of customer needs and structure capabilities
- Ability to read, interpret and understand architectural drawings and specifications and provide estimates
- Strong mathematical skills
- Be proficient in business software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail with the understanding of metal building design and component requirements
- Work in a team environment with the sales team, engineers, designers, and drafters on projects
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and resolve technical issues
- Participate in project meetings and conference calls as required
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance plan options
- Company paid life insurance plan at $10,000
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401 (k) contributions
Our company values continued professional growth, rewards individual performance, and provides an excellent work culture and environment.
Applicants: All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.